Hey guys, TGIF!!! There have been posts here on Fathomberry about Blackberry and BBM usage, not ethics per se, there was the church one and the blackberry craze which will have another episode soon. So today we decided to do something specifically for BBM and its usage.
The fact that you own a BB doesn’t give you the power to disturb other people’s peace, also we shouldn’t see BBM as a medium to show our level of wisdom (you should know I mean
stupidity), well let’s get to it:
Here are a couple of thing I think we should have in mind while we use our lovely BBM :-
* Cross check EVERY info before you send a broadcast, even if it happened in your backyard, you may never know the little you missed. * Never complain about someone’s Display Picture or personal Message, it’s their phone for goodness sake whatever they feel like writing let them write just ignore it and move on nobody likes a pest tho*.
* Never use capital letters when writing a message, this could be pretty offensive. Most people assume you’re shouting.
* Never send the same thing twice it’s like forcing people to read your shit stuff and it could be very annoying especially when one is busy.
* Never send a link that has morbid/graphic scenes of a sexual or violent nature.
* If you have to watch porn, please we don’t want to see what you’re playing. There’s an option for not to show us what you’re playing right there in your profile.
* Be considerate with other peoples time ask before you start up a chat, some people are not always as idle less busy as you are.
* Don’t impose your belief on anyone, I don’t have to broadcast anything for God to bless me, anyone that sees the need to spread the word will, “if you don’t share this post your phone will get missing” smh
* Stop bringing in stupid abbreviations and be forming tushed. There are known abbreviations and acronyms and if you have to use an abbreviation kindly explain it, who knows, people might like it and adapt, and most importantly if u see an abbreviation you don’t understand, just ask, I’m pretty sure the person that wrote it will be glad to explain it.
* Never ever agree to meet anyone you’ve met on chat, if you have to, go with 10 of your friends.
* Follow the rules of common courtesy just like you would in real life, who knows, you might just meet your chat-pal some day in real life.
* If you have to leave during a chat session type in ‘brb’ or use the smileys. BBM has smileys like “1min”, and “on the phone”, use them if you have to.
* Keep your BCs simple! No be handout. I must tell you guys, the longer your BC the less interested people will be, even if it’s going to give them money and it’s even worse when you send a long broadcast that’s very uninformative and stupid, trust me, nobody will open your Broadcast again!
* These smileys/emoticons that contain many characters are annoying. Geeez! Why can’t ‘lol’ be lol? Why does. It has to have jumping and swimming O’s in it. I really do find that thing annoying. Who’s with me?!
* Changing your display name too often makes it difficult for your contacts to find you on their list, even if you have to, just do it once in a year, and if you have a contact that does this simply open the contacts profile and edit the name to whatever you like.
* You see the one of one-word-BC please don’t do it, it’s very annoying, and why on earth would you wake up and compose a broadcast of four letters ‘ping’??
* The one of contact check is now a culture and I wouldn’t blame anyone, but that doesn’t mean it’s a good thing. When a contact doesn’t message you in a while, why don’t you take your time and ping the person, do you have to disturb everybody on your list just because you need to know who has deleted you?
I’m getting almost getting angry already 😦 , that will be all, for now.
Just before I jump out here’s a little nice way I found out you can delete a contact (on code), simply wait till your BIS is off, then delete, the contact won’t know until you are back on, and even so, it may take a while before your phone sends the signal over the internet.
Thanks to everybody reading us. 🙂